SPECIAL TOURIST VISA (STV)
What is Special Tourist Visa or STV?
- A new type of tourist visa for non-Thais who wish to enter Thailand as "Long Stay" tourists
- A Single Entry visa valid for 90 days after the date of issuance
- Permit to stay in Thailand for 90 days, and can be extended no more than twice (90 days each time)
- Require 14-day quarantine in Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)
Who is eligible to apply for a STV?
- Non-Thais from COVID-19 low-risk countries*
- Having the nationality or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted.
*List of countries is to be revised on the 1st and 15th of every month
What documents are required for applying for a STV?
- Original Passport (validity more than 12 months) and 2 copies of the picture page
- 2 original Visa Application Forms
- Health insurance covering the whole stay in Thailand from a Thai insurance company, with medical and accident expense coverage of at least 40,000 Thai Baht (or equivalent) for out-patient and at least 400,000 Thai Baht (or equivalent) for in-patient**
- Police verification in English stating no criminal record issued by the authority concerned of his/her nationality or residence
- Medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, alcoholism and 3rd step of Syphilis)
- ASQ booking confirmation for at least 14 days
- Proof of your accommodation in Thailand after quarantine:
(1) Proof of payment for a hotel or other type of accommodation for the whole period of your stay in Thailand and an official Bank Statement issued by the bank with bank contact details showing a balance of not less than 500,000 Baht or equivalent over the last 6 months; or
(2) a copy of certificate of ownership of a condominium unit in Thailand under your name or a member of your family; or
(3) proof of payments for purchase or lease of a condominium unit, with at least 2 installments paid (Otherwise, Bank Statement issued by the bank with bank contact details showing a balance of not less than 500,000 Baht or equivalent over the last 6 months is required.)
- Marriage certificate and birth certificate are required when travelling with your spouse and children under 20 years old.
- Visa Fee 500.- DKK
Please note that holders of STV Visa still needs Certificate of Entry (COE) from the Embassy to complete the requirement to enter Thailand (please refer to the Paper: "Non-Thais to trave/ to Thailand" for more details).
As of 21 October 2020
Royal Thai Embassy, Copenhagen, Denmark