× Home News/Info Thai Hospital
healthserv.net@gmail.com

BNH Hospital

LogoBNH Hospital
*Content and information courstesy of BNH Hospital

News update

InformationBNH Hospital

OVER 121 YEARS OF MEDICAL EXPERIENCE Based on the needs of expatriates seeking quality medical treatment; a small nursing home offering non-profit treatments to foreigners living in Thailand was founded in 1898 under the royal patronage of King Rama V and supported wholeheartedly by King Rama VI; quickly earning trust and respect from the expat communities. Since then more than 100 years have gone by, and these days BNH Hospital is now internationally recognized as being The First Private International Hospital with international standards of Western medicine in the kingdom of Siam for 6 reigns. Despite the passage of time, BNH Hospital has retained its identity. That extra special touch has been handed down from generation to generation, as well as medical expertise especially in maternity care, pediatrics, and gynecology. From the past to the present, BNH has always been the forefront of midwifery care in the Kingdom of Thailand. BNH proudly stands as the leader in women’s health care from prevention to treatment however simple or complex. To this end BNH provides a safe, feel good experience of healing and continues to hold and maintain the royal wish in providing the Thai people and foreigners with standards of international healthcare. At the present, BNH Hospital is a first class healthcare provider, fully equipped with professional medical staff and state-of-the-art equipment, as well as a diverse network of partners both at home and abroad. It has received accreditation for medical quality and performance both at home (HA) and abroad (JCI)), resulting in an increasing number of international patients. BNH has developed the specialist expertise to become a “Centre of Excellence”. About BNH OVER 121 YEARS OF MEDICAL EXPERIENCE CARING FOR THAIS AND EXPATRIATES The Origination of Nursing Home The BNH hospital, formerly known as the Bangkok Nursing Home Hospital, was established originally to provide nursing care for expatriates. The hospital, opened by the British Ambassador to Thailand in 1898, was The First Private International Hospital with international standards of Western medicine in the Kingdom of Siam (Thailand). Royal support was the foundation of the Nursing Home On August 20, 1897, the British community convened a meeting at the British Legation when Mr. George Greville CMG, the then British Minister Resident and Consul General, took the Chair. The meeting concluded that a medical facility should be established in Bangkok and the Committee proposed the project to H.M. King Chulalongkorn (King Rama V) who approved and assigned the Ministry of Education to oversee the establishment of a Nursing Home. H.M. King Chulalongkorn kindly provided supporting funds of 960 baht per year to make the nursing home a non-profit organisation where foreigners who came to Thailand could turn when they were ill. The original Nursing Home was thus born on Phya Dejo Road. The first Matron, Miss Cawley, and the Nursing Sister, Miss Hitchens, arrived in Bangkok in the middle of 1898 and the Nursing Home was in operation by August 1898 under the royal patronage of King Chulalongkorn. From Dejo to Convent Road In 1901, King Vajiravudh (King Rama VI) granted the BNH Association, a non-profit making organisation, a royal charter in honour of his father, King Rama V, and provided funds for the hospital to extend its care to Thais. In 1902, the Bangkok Nursing Home purchased part of the present site on Convent road and constructed a 2-storey teak building as a small hospital and housing for both the patients and staff. Advancement of midwifery During that time The Nursing Home was only able to take care of 50 patients but continued to progress and offered treatments to foreigners and the elite in Thailand. In 1912, an extension was built, comprising an operating theater and a maternity section, built as a memorial to H.M. King Chulalongkorn from funds raised from public subscriptions. King Vajiravudh graciously presented 500 baht to defray the cost of furnishing the maternity ward. On July 23, 1912, King Vajiravudh officially opened the extension. On this occasion, the King also enjoyed tea and snacks in the reception room. From the past to the present, BNH has always been the forefront of midwifery care in Thailand. Going global There were several major expansions and meaningful stories happened throughout the period. In 1991, the BNH Medical Centre was formed to establish a new international standard hospital to meet the demands of the increasing domestic and international market for private health care. In recognition of the royal grace With endless support from the King and the Royal Family since the hospital’s inception, the Crown Property Bureau and Siam Commercial Bank PCL accepted a joint venture proposal in January 1992 as major shareholders of the new hospital. The new BNH Hospital intelligent building On February 14, 1996, the new BNH Hospital in its modern building was finally opened which officially made it the foundation day of the hospital. The building was designed by a British architect under the concept of intelligent building with dust and germs filter system as well as introducing solar powered energy saving technology. It was indeed fortunate that, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn graciously presided over BNH Hospital’s grand opening ceremony on November 14, 1996. The investment has turned the hospital into an all-inclusive specialist medical centre equipped with modern equipment that offers services as a 5-star hotel and consisting of a team of physicians and nurses from leading medical institutions in Thailand and abroad. At that time, the hospital was able to accommodate patients with up to 225 beds. The new BNH Hospital occupying the two-acre site on Convent Road, surrounded by mature trees and tropical greenery, and is located between Silom Road and Sathorn Road, close to business, financial and entertainment districts of Bangkok. It can be reached easily from all parts of the city by road, BTS Sky Train, MRT Metro, at Sala Daeng Station. BNH Hospital’s Legendary Value through Time On July 1, 2001, the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS) joined the hospital’s management and execute a major transformation. As a result, the outpatient services were able to accommodate up to 1,500 patients per day, with 86 rooms for in-patients as well as increase in staff and modern medical facilities. BNH Hospital provides the highest quality medical service with specialists and general practitioner doctors completely involved with their patients, from consultation and diagnosis, through to planning and executing treatment, following-up of results, and in surgical cases, post-operative card. The concept of ‘the Family Doctor’ is still highly valued at BNH Hospital. The Royal Garuda emblem On October 24, 2017, BNH Hospital held the installation ceremony of the Royal Garuda on its building granted by H.M. King Bhumibol Adulyadej (Rama IX). The bestowment of the emblem is considered to be a source of the greatest pride for the management and staff in the history of BNH Hospital. 121 years of determination – the hospital of six reigns The first private hospital in Thailand then known as the Nursing Home was established in the reign of King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) and changed over time to become BNH Hospital in the reign of King Vajiralongkorn (Rama X). It has faithfully been providing medical services for six reigns from 1898 and continues to this day as it celebrates 121st Anniversary in 2019. BNH Hospital continues to hold and maintain the royal wish in providing the Thai people and foreigners with standards of international healthcare.
 Medical Services Comprehensive Medical Services With Specialist Doctors in All Fields of Medicines Checkup Centre An One-stop service offer for a comprehensive check-up programme. Women’s Health Centre The age of success is customarily surrounded by people, wealth, honor and respect, but it is also a time when body and mind may begin to withdraw from “living life to the fullest”. BNH Breast Health Centre provides the best possible advice regarding any breast problems such as breast cancer, tumors, excessive membrane, or breast cysts. Dermatology & Beauty Centre as a result we have created facial structural adjustment programmes to correct facial imperfections with a combination of various techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to take care of all kinds of skin problems. Bangkok International Fertility Centre BNH Breast Health Centre Cardiometabolic Centre Check-up Centre Colorectal & Haemorrhoid Clinic Dental Centre Dermatology & Beauty Centre Diagnostic Centre Digestive Care Centre Ear Nose Throat Department Emergency Department Eye Department Haemodialysis Department Intensive Care Unit-ICU Internal Medicine International Travel Medicine Clinic (ITMC) Labour Rooms LUC Centre (Lady Urinary Centre) Nursery Department Paediatrics Department Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy Shoulder & Joint Centre Spine Centre Surgery & Orthopaedic Surgery Women’s Health Centre