Guidelines for International Flight with Transit/Transfer Passengers to SANDBOX
(Allow just Suvamabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang International Airport)
1. Avoid the port of embarkation where the prevalence rate of COVID-19 is at high nisk according to the risk level officially categorized by the Ministry of Public Health. The minimum connecting time shall be two hours for transit/transfer to SANDBOX and 75 minutes for transit/transfer from SANDBOX
2. Required Documents
2.1 Certified documents (Thailand Pass)
2.2 Certificate of testing of COVID-19 (RT-PCR with negative result issued within 72 hours prior to departure
2.3 a health insurance with minimum coverage of 20,000 USD or as presaribed by the govemment which covers treatment throughout the entire duration of stay in Thailand, or any other guaranteed documents (The insurance policy is not applied to Thai nationals)
2.4 Proof of prepayment for minimum 7 nights of accommodation, and RT-PCR test 1 time including testing cost and liquid required for the diagnosis of COVID-19 with the Antigen Self-Test Kit in the SHA+ hotels or accommodations.
For passengers residing in Thailand less than 7 days, a confirmed air ticket indicating the departure date, proof of payment for accommodation, and proof of payment for RT-PCR test must be provided.
3. Covid-19 Controlling Policy
3.1 Direct Flight
Passengers shall undergo health screening and docurnent check, immigration and custom procedures at the point of entry before entering into Thailand.
3.2 Transit Flight Same Plane
Passengers shall undergo health screening and document check, immigration and custom procedures at the destination airport or SANDBOX airports.
3.3 Transfer Flight
Passengers shall undergo health screening and document check, immigration procedures
at the first airport of entry before continuing their travel to the SANDBOX province In this case, customs dlearance will be processed at the destination airport.
For flights operated in 3.2 and 3.3 selling ticketsor embarkation of domestic passengers is prohibited.
In case of any passengers have found symptams or fever, the air operator transporting passengers from the origin shall hold full responsibility.
4. Social distancing shall be managed in the waiting areas for transit/transfer. All passengers and personnel shall wear mask at all times except for necessary or emergency situation, and there shall be hand sanitizer containing at least 70% alcohol suffciently provided.
5. Passengers must proceed on the defined sealed route and designated area at the airport.
6. Cleaning and disinfection shall be applied to areas and equipment regularly according to the Public Heatth standards and personnel working in the waiting areas for transit/transfer shall wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
7. The air operators with transit/transfer passengers shall proceed with either a single PNR, same booking, conjunction ticket. or Bilateral agreement for interline operations. including check-through baggage, or baggage transfer agreement. In case of passengers unable to transit or transfer to another flight, the air operator transporting passengers from the origin shall hold full responsibility.
8. The air operators shall submit transit/transfer to SANDBOX
operation plans to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand
(CAAT) and Airside Operations Control Center (AOCC)
24 hours in advance of the departure time.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand
As of 1 March 2022